Paleo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup gluten-free and dairy-free mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life Foods)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl add the wet ingredients first (eggs, pumpkin, pure vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup) and stir together to fully combine.
3. Then add the dry ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, gluten-free baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and chocolate chips). Mix until fully combined.
4. Scoop batter into a lined muffin pan. The batter will be thick. (I like to use an ice cream scoop.)
5. Bake for 26 minutes. Please watch your oven because all ovens are different.
6. Remove and check centers with a toothpick to see if they are done.
7. Allow to cool before serving.
8. Store in an airtight container.