Elm City Market is New Haven’s best source for people choosing the keto diet and other low carbohydrate approaches to weight loss. Our community market offers healthy, sustainably-sourced meats and fish, a vast selection of cheese and full-fat dairy, plus fresh and organic low-carb vegetables.
Foods to eat on the Keto diet
- Meat: beef, pork, chicken, turkey, sausage and bacon
- Fatty fish: such as salmon, tuna, mackerel, bluefish
- Eggs, Cream, butter, full-fat unsweetened yogurt
- Cheese: full-fat hard and soft cheeses, full-fat cottage cheese
- Low-Carb Vegetables: Especially avocados, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, peppers
- Nuts and seeds (including nut butters)
- Fats: coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, vegetable oil, and animal fats
- Unsweetened or extra-bittersweet (90% cacao) chocolate, cacao nibs, and cocoa powder.